Sunday, September 14, 2008

Move-in Day

My German colleagues had been very kind in scouting out a place for me to live and it was my first destination upon arriving in Tauber (I learned, to my great relief, that they shorten the name for casual use). I now live on a mountain top in a building with Olympic-hopeful fencers. (The German Olympic training center for fencing is in this little town and the apartment building is owned by the center to house the team, plus me). Here is what I was faced with:


My new address



So prestigous

The neighborhood

My patio

Welcome home


Way nicer than the brownstones

Breakfast nook/dining corner


Bedroom, bathroom

I could totally start a German version of The Hills



Die Berge, Mondays, 10:00, when The Hills should be on

When I needed a break from unpacking, I took a walk around the neighborhood. My backyard turns out to be a mountaintop nature preserve with a bunch of trails.

To the summit!


Very convenient for late-night confessions

There's Tauber


Not a bad view

2 comments:

Amy Royse Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Royse Brown said...

Wow Stephen! It looks like you are hooked up! I am kind of jealous, however, I don't think I would do very well in Germany since I don't speak a lick of German. :) I am excited to see how things go with you! Denison is still the same old same, however we did just have an apocalyptic windstorm that cut the power (that we still don't have in a lot of places on campus). Take care!